I’m Karah-Leigh. But you can call me Karah.
I’m in my mid-30’s and live in Atlanta. I’m from south Georgia and originally from the Florida Georgia Line (and I don’t mean the band).
I have been a fangirl since I was old enough to know what loving someone was. I used to love Michael J. Fox when I was really little. Then it became Joey McIntyre and Donnie Wahlberg with New Kids on the Block. Then Mark Paul Gosselaar from “Saved by the Bell.”
The first albums I ever owned were Lionel Ritchie’s “Dancing On The Ceiling,” Alabama’s “The Touch,” Reba McEntire’s “What In The World Am I Gonna Do About You” and Journey’s “Escape.” After that came Michael Jackson, New Kids on the Block and Debbie Gibson.
I was the girl in second grade who got in trouble while being the “DJ” at the end of the school year. I played Bel Biv Devoe’s “Do Me” and my teacher scolded me, asking me where I got the cassette tape. My mother bought it for me and didn’t care that I had it and I think that’s why I love almost every type of music. She bought me everything from The Fat Boys to Whitney Houston to Alabama.
It kind of created my musical palette.
I love everything, from my favorite band Backstreet Boys to One Direction to Motley Crue to Eminem to Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts to Dru Hill. I love television shows like some people love food and air. I can binge watch like nobody’s business.
At one of my previous jobs, I had a weekly column called “Fangirling” and since leaving that job, I’ve missed writing about all of the different things in my life that I love. For over a year and a half, I owned one of the biggest boy band websites, but I no longer have the time and devotion to keep the site up to date. While the social media for the site is still very active, the site is now an archive.
This site is a little of that site, with all the old content archived on here, but with new things that’s more me. It’s a little more personal.
- College Degree: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communications (Mass Media – Video Production) / Minors in Creative Writing and Print Journalism.
- First Concert: New Kids on the Block (Summer Magic Tour / Tallahassee, Fla.)
- Second concert: Alan Jackson (Live Oak, Fla.)
- Third concert: Garth Brooks (Tallahassee, Fla.)
- Favorite song: “Always on my Mind” by Elvis Presley, “My Confession” by Nick Carter
- Favorite album: “Millennium” by Backstreet Boys, “Now or Never” by Nick Carter, “Ropin’ The Wind” by Garth Brooks, “Fearless” by Taylor Swift
- To see more favorites, click here.