Ready for a second recap of BSB songs that share the same title by other artists? Some of the musicians might not be that familiar but the song titles definitely are! It would catch you by surprise that the song you know instantly as a massive Backstreet Boys’ hitmaker is also sung by various artists. But that is where the comparison ends, only with similar title. So, the next time you click on iTunes, Spotify, or any online music site, you better check twice that it is indeed by the Backstreet Boys. Here goes!
1. “Yes I Will” – a sure favorite for a significant Wedding song from the Black & Blue album. When I ran into Bryan Duncan’s song, it gave a new look into how one can positively change a person’s frame of mind with the motto of: “Yes I Will.” Both Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys and Bryan Duncan are Christian music artists.
2. “That’s The Way (I Like It) – now how could I have missed this 70s disco classic by KC & The Sunshine Band? I love this! But I got to admit, this is one of my least favorite from BSB. Let’s go retro with this beat! Now, if the boys were to do a rare mash-up of these two versions, then maybe they can sway me to liking it and say: “That’s The Way I Like It!”
3. “Get Down” – several artists have this song, from Nas, to War and by Finding Favour. Nas and War songs both talk about gut-wrenching reality of society issues. Hailing roots from Georgia, USA, the Christian band Finding Favour newly released their take on “Get Down” this August 8th 2017.
I will forever remember this one as the very first music video I ever watched of Kevin, AJ, Howie, Brian and Nick that made me love the way they grooved, danced and moved it all around. Fun Factory was already a favorite of mine back in the day so when I saw this spanking cool dance video with the boys, I was floored! I knew right then and there: Yes, You’re The One For Me Backstreet Boys!
4. “Drowning” – this love ballad is definitely recognized in the Backstreet Boys’ music catalogue, but artists such as: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Kream featuring Clara Mae, Orjan Nilsen featuring IDA, Buster Moe, William Clark Green, and Keaton Henson, among many others also came up with this title. Interestingly enough, the first 4 mentioned artists of these “Drowning” songs all released it in the year of 2017.
Kream is a duo of Norwegian DJ brothers. EDM, Electronic Dance Music, is their genre. Have a listen. You might find yourself in a trance by it as well.
If there is going to be a long-standing debate over a Backstreet Boys’ music video, which one is your preference: the official one or the wet version? After 15 years of being in my bedroom, I just noticed that my BSB 2002 calendar is with their outfits on from the wet version and album’s cover. Finally! I’ve been resuscitated to that realization after drowning in Backstreet Boys’ love.
Without any question, “Drowning” deserves the worldwide chart-topper spot for being the only single release from their “The Hits – Chapter One” compilation album, internationally as “Greatest Hits – Chapter One.” I cried mega-tears upon hearing this live in 2011. I was just THAT emotional!
5. “The Call” – with other musicians singing the same tune, it is Regina Spektor who stands out in sharing this song title, but on a different theme, with the boys. It is a movie soundtrack from “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.”