5 things I love and do not love about ‘Fuller House’
Growing up, I watched “Full House.” I was not one of these people that watched religiously every single Friday night although I probably have seen every single episode in reruns. So when all of this “Fuller House” talk started, I was like, eh, okay.
But I watched the new Netflix reboot of the television show and… I kind of liked it. But there were some things that I didn’t care for.
What I love:
- That they do not take themselves too seriously. The inside jokes such as the Alanis Morrisette comment on the Elizabeth & James price tag. If you didn’t know, Uncle Joey was the one who got gone down on in a theater.
- Steve! Most reunion shows probably wouldn’t bring back the old boyfriend, but they brought back STEVE! He was one of my favorite characters on the show.
- The small appearances by the other cast members – Uncle Jesse, Danny Tanner, even Harry, the little boy that Stephanie married way back in the day!
- Comet Jr. Jr. Everybody loved that dog and Steve obviously did too and well, I love Steve.
- Stephanie Tanner rules. Stephanie was always my favorite “kid” on the show and Stephanie as an adult is much like myself. She’s definitely the best one on the show out of the three girls.
- BONUS: That they explain why Stephanie is very free and with no kids; Maks and Val from “Dancing With The Stars” and Macy Gray.
What I didn’t love:
- DJ has been widowed for what seems to be a year, and she’s ready to jump back into dating and kissing two guys on the same day? Okay.
- Did Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky really need to renew their vows in the backyard?
- They didn’t explain Tommy Jr. Was DJ pregnant when her husband died? Was Tommy already born? Did she find out she was pregnant after he died? I need a backstory.
- Kimmy Gibbler is annoying as EVER.
- Matt… dude you just made her a partner in your father’s business. Really, do you want to fight for her with her high school love? What if she doesn’t pick you?
I really did enjoy this new version of the show SO much better than the older version. It’s not all sunshine and roses and there’s little dirty tidbits in it that smaller kids wouldn’t get but us adults get.
OH and New Kids on the Block.
That’s good times!
I give it a B+. I hope it gets a second season!